Please login to
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Apr 20, 2016
~~~ Just checking out things at this time, still considering, profile "under construction"... ~~~
ME, AND WHO I AM LOOKING FOR: I was saved and baptized around the age of 7, in a little Baptist church during a sweltering summer evening. That baptism meant everything to me, primarily because even at that age I loved Jesus so much! However, my dad didn't like going to church. Mom did the best she could. Church attendance was sporadic and I never really studied the Bible until about thirteen years ago. THAT was when I received in the mail an invitation to attend a "RevelationNow" seminar- put on by Seventh-Day Adventists (had NO idea what an Adventist was until the end of that seminar). I've found from that point on and repeatedly that understanding God's Word DOES make quite a difference in one's relationship to Him- especially the love message within the Ten Commandments. For the last 13 years I have attended church regularly. I love worshipping with my church family, and serving the Lord in one of our praise bands. Recently, I find myself co-teaching one of our Sabbath School Bible classes- assisting one of my dearest of friends and elders in our church.
Relatedly, In January of 2011, after a life of wonderful health, I was diagnosed with cancer. I went through nine months of intermittent treatment and came out on the healthy end of it when, one week before Christmas of that year, the mother of my daughter, my beautiful God-given wife of that time, died. Though others have been through worse, my daughter and I have certainly been through a lot. Healing, as I've found, is a process, in experience and learning; and though I haven't traversed this path of grief recovery flawlessly, I think that with God's support I've done pretty darn well. What has encouraged me is that I've seen God, through these trials and afflictions, glorify Himself mightily and draw so many people unto Himself. He has also supported my daughter and me in so many ways, including giving us the most wonderful of home churches, family and friends. Because of what I've been through, and because of what God has shown me of His amazing love, I seek evermoreso now to make my life a living sacrifice for His glory.
I am praying to God to bring into my and my daughter's life, in His good timing, the right woman, and perhaps larger family, with whom we could and would serve and glorify Him greater than we could separately. Specifically, the type of woman to whom I am most attracted is one who is humble, compassionate, well-read and brainy, funny as all get-out, keeps her cool under stress, is very slow to judge or be critical of others, listens well because people matter to her, chooses her words carefully because she knows the power in them, and reminds herself daily that one of her greatest desires is to reflect the love and character of Jesus.
Having said that, I am not in a hurry to develop a relationship. I did that once, recently. It was a good learning experience, but one of those "learn the hard way" experiences, too... and I DON'T want to repeat it. So, I wanna get things right from this point on, take it slowly and give things a chance to grow in their own God-planned way. Relatedly, I look forward to this new path the Lord has prepared for me (and you, my rare flower who captivates my poet's heart, whoever and wherever you are)... :]
Web Search Engine
5' 10" (178 cm)
160 lbs (72.6 Kg)
Sense of humor:
Goofy: Cartoons still crack me up, Clever: Nothing's better than a quick-witted comeback, Friendly: I'll laugh at anything
No, but have in past
Live with kids
Yes - at home full-time
I'll tell you later
Full time 9 to 5
1. Playing my guitar and singing in one of our church praise bands. I love to take a song and arrange it in a way that the music most expemplifies the lyrics in theme and mood. I love that creative process. / My 7-year old daughter and I both love music, in general- she wants to take piano lessons, which she will soon, and can keep rhythm remarkably well on her little bongos when listening to me play the guitar.
2. Exercising: I work out every weekday before my daughter awakes- stretching, treadmill, weights. Wish I had time for martial arts again, but simply don't.
3. Cooking! I love cooking! Thanks to dear friends from church, I learned some of the basics of Vegan cooking, and I am, in my humble estimation, going to be a Vegan-chef extraordinare! AND, as of late, my dear seven-year old daughter is delighting in cooking with me... how cool is that? :]
4. Reading, good movies. Writing!
5. Watching live performances- plays, musicals, bands. Art festivals!
6. Spending time at the beach, walking the boardwalk of Grand Haven or through the trails at Hoffmaster.
7. This summer my daughter and I plan to resume a favorite passtime of mine, when I was much younger- camping! Love being out in nature, especially with good Christian friends. Kayaking, oh yeah!!!
Billiards / Pool, Martial arts, Running, Swimming, Walking / Hiking, Weights / Machines
I'll tell you later
"Patience in the Midst of Trials and Afllictions" by Samuel Koranteng-Pipim. "The Wise-Man's Fear" by Patrick Rothfuss.
"How We Love" by Milan and Kay Yerkovich.
Personal devotion time presently: Colossians.
Nightclubs/Dancing, Camping, Cooking, Book club / Discussion, Coffee and conversation, Dining out, Movies / Videos, Museums and art, Music and concerts, Performing arts, Playing cards, Religion / Spiritual
©2012 The Single Adventist -
Terms of Service
1240 Whitney Ranch Pkwy. Rocklin, CA 95765